Coming back to the main point, there is no need to be worry about on loss or misplace of your Aadhaar. The UIDAI has made it simple for the residents to retrieve their Aadhaar number. If you have lost or misplace your Aadhaar number, all you have to do is to contact UIDAI contact centre and the very first step is to try to contact them through their toll-free no. 1800-180-1947. Most of the time the line is too busy to attend your call. If even this doesn’t work then follow the below mentioned points:
- Try to contact UIDAI through their toll-free no. 1800-180-1947.
- If you know or remember your Aadhaar enrolment number or if you have a copy of the receipt of Aadhar enrolment then you your Aadhaar number can be retrieved through it. Your Aadhaar letter will be dispatched again to your address as well as to your e-mail address. You can receive your Aadhaar number through SMS as well if you have registered your mobile no. during the time of enrolment.
- Your Aadhaar number will be printed on the card issued by the enrolling registrar. This can be MNREGA job card, PDS’s ration card, etc.
- If you know the registrar name through which you have enrolled for Aadhar and date and place of your Aadhaar enrolment then your Aadhar number could be searched according to your demographic information like your name, date of birth, address, contact number, etc. If your details are found in the system then your Aadhar number will be sent to your address, to your e-mail and to your phone through SMS.
- Even if this does not work then you need to visit an Aadhar enrolment centre to ask for a lost Aadhaar number retrieval.
- If none of these works, the most simple is to download E-Aadhaar letter from the website.
Hope these processes might help you to get back your Aadhaar number.