What is MNP (Mobile Number Portability)?MNP or mobile number portability, allows you to transfer your existing mobile phone number from one mobile phone network provider to another mobile phone provider so that if you change mobile phone networks you do not have to give everyone a new number... You can keep your existing mobile phone number. The process is termed MNP or mobile number portability. It's quick and very easy to do - follow the instructions above for full details on how to port your mobile phone number to a new network provider.
MNP (mobile number portability) will incur a charge (Rs 19). MNP in India became available from 01 January 2011. The porting process normally takes 7 working days.But your Mobile Service would only be impacted for not more that 1-4 hours.
Procedure to Transfer your number1. Obtain a Customer Acquisition From (CAF) & Porting Form from New Service Provider
2. Obtain your Unique Porting Code (UPC) by sending an SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number 1900 with text message starting "PORT" followed by a space, followed by your 10 digit mobile phone number which you want to port. E.g. "PORT 01234567890"
You will automatically receive a UPC code from your existing service provider
3. Complete the Customer Acquisition Form and Porting Form. Remember to enter the UPC code correctly in the "Porting from".
4. Submit the completed Porting Form and Customer Acquisition Form along with requisite documentary proof of the mobile service provider to your new provider
NOTE: If you are a post paid subscriber with your current mobile phone provider, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with the Porting Form and Customer Acquisition Form
5. You will receive a new SIM card from New Service Provider
6. Your new mobile phone service provider, will advise you the date and time of porting on your mobile phone
7. Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile phone service provider, after the specified date and time
8. That's it! You're done. Your new mobile phone service provider has been switched successfully and you will keep your existing mobile phone number.
You can check the porting status of your request by clicking the below link, if you MNP
MNP Service Provider is from Zone 2: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar (includes Jharkhand), Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata , MP (includes Chhatisgarh), North East (includes Arunachal Pradesh / Manipur/ Meghalaya / Mizoram / Nagaland / Tripura ), Orissa, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu including Chennai
Click Here to Check MNP Status Online